View Single Post
(#212 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-09-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
MMM - You are distorting facts again. McCain made a comment about 100 years and Iraq. He did not say we would be fighting there for 100 years.
If you are going to misquote me, at least do me the honor of actually quoting what I said.

I said: Who has proposed keeping our troops in Iraq for the next 100 years?

And you accuse me of "distorting facts"?

Quote:
You know, we just can't leave now. Then the cleansing and mass murder would start on a level unprecedented. People are turning out extremists and siding with the U.S. now because they know we're winning and have proved we won't just abandoned them. I know this because I've talked to soldiers and leaders in the armed forces. Also, because the Democrat leaning press doesn't want you to know this.
I didn't say leave now. I just can't support a candidate that doesn't see an end to the war. Very simply, as a country we cannot afford to be responible for any other country other than our own. The war in Iraq has proven that, in spades. Obama sees an end to the war and our occupation. McCain doesn't.

Did you know the US is asking the Iraqi leaders to allow the US to build 50 PERMANENT bases in Iraq right now? Our government is planning on Iraq to turn into another Okinawa (but 50 bases). That doesn't sound like anyone in the present administration is pushing for us to bring our men and women home, and McCain will be more of the same.

Quote:
And you showed your stripes as a true shrill liberal when you point out that McCain is freinds of Bush and cheney. He's also pals with Hill Clinton. I love it when you people blame Bush for everthing. Bush this and Bush that. Get off it. I don't want the guy in there any longer either, but he's done some good things as well. I'm privy to security briefs from certain agencies, and let me tell you - tons of attacks within the States have been averted from terrorists within. This is something you won't hear from the lopsided press.
Too bad you can't share your top secret information. I'd love to hear it.

It's interesting because news of thwarted terrorist strikes usually makes pretty big headlines.

Listen, you are the one that said you didn't trust Obama because of the company he keeps. I said if that's how we should judge a candidate, than McCain is certainly much more worrisome than a shady real-estate broker and a war protester. Besides Bush and Cheney I also mentioned the dozens of lobbyists McCain has working within his campaign. A campaign which claims it will clear Washington DC of the lobbyists that are there. But McCain has been in Washington DC for over 20 years.