(#23 (permalink))
Old
asakuraT (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to asakuraT
tell me more - 06-10-2008, 01:56 PM

[
Quote:
QUOTE=Nyororin;463229]Believe me, it really cuts into the budget. Kindergarten isn`t required, so it`s entirely up to the parents whether they send their child. The kindergarten my son goes to is a private one, so it`s a bit higher than average - but not all that much of a difference (think around 28000/month in comparison to 25000/month for public.) At the end of the year we will get a sort of refund voucher from our town, as there are no public kindergartens in the immediate area

Ooops, here in Duesseldorf we have a monthly fee of 350 Euro set off the o'bento lunch of 50 a month and entrance fee....
And no cute hats, alas!
Such a hat my husband had on his kindergarten photos, he comes from Nagoya area, by the way

I am considering sending the younger daughter to Japanese kindergarten by two reasons:1- it may help teach her the father's language since I speak no Japanese to her.
Quote:
Regardless of what their ethnic background is, you *still* have to take a foreign language in school. Just having a parent who speaks a different language natively doesn`t magically grant you that ability. Language isn`t genetic.
This is what I ve been thinking , too. Is it a good enough reason to "go Japanese"?
Or with a less effort take Japanese as foreigh language in school, going international?
What is the experience of mixed couples in your surrounding?

The second reason to choose Japanese kindergarten is difficulties with getting a place in international kindergarten.
Setting aside the fact that the further school will be free of charge in case of Japanese and really expensive in case of ISD, the kindergarden dilemma is still here.
I am afraid to go Japanese since I know almost nothing of their activities. How different is it from Anglo-American one?

Shippai-wa seikoo-no moto

Last edited by asakuraT : 06-10-2008 at 04:47 PM.