(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-18-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishasu View Post
hey guys

im going to be traveling to japan next summer and i was just woundering weather you guys could answer a few questions for me. just so i get the full benifit of my trip you know?

1. can anyone think of any great places to visit that arent usually where most tourists go?

2. the hot springs, i really want to go into the hot springs and spas when i visit japan and have heard that they are seperated into male and female, as i am going with my boyfriend i will have to go alone i was just woundering if the japanese woman will maybe not talk to me because i am a gajin?

3.i speak japanese but i cant read it, will signs and things be totaly in japanese or will there be english versions too?

4.does anyone know of any good hotels that are a reasonable price?

5. how much money do you think i will need to take with me (you can tell me this in dollers if you want (i am from the UK though) or in yen i dont mind)

anyway those are a few questions going through my mind at the min so if anyone can answer at least one i will be very thankfull.
1. What do you like to do? What are you interest? And WHERE in Japan are you going?

2. Some resort allow (for a small charge) booked private bath, so you can be with your BF. Otherwise most people, unless friends going together, don't talk to each other at the onsen anyways.

3. Most signs are in Japanese, a few will be in english in the tourist area, but sice you mentioned that you don't want to be in a tourist area, are out of luck, but Japanese people are usually helpful, since you speak Japanese, you can just ask

4. Again, which area? There are a lot of online booking sites that give you a decent price. "HOTELS" are usually pricey, go with a business motel, motel or traditional Ryokan

5. Where will be and how long are you going for? My average spending, including all transportation and accommodation (flight as well), comes out to be around ¥20,000 a day, thats done with cheap business motel, street food and bus/rail pass, it also include ticket (Entrance) fee for shrines and other attraction, but doesn't include sovenir cost