View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hip Send a message via MSN to Hip Send a message via Yahoo to Hip
06-26-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Bingo. The only social life is drinks after work with their co-workers. The general idea is "the way of successive generations", meaning that you work hard to get your children into good schools, so that they can get a better job than you had. That is the reason for such strong emphasis on education in Japan. Without getting good grades, and getting into the "right" schools, your potential future is severely limited.

Another bad thing about Japan which people often hear little about is the typical married relationship. The husband works, the wife stays home. Sex rarely occurs, and occurs even more rarely once children are born. Such relationships are what keep "relief centers" and "soaplands" in business. I had fun looking at the signs for such places in Kabukicho last weekend.
...Do you know how many threads i went through and had to post just to get what you just told me?

THIS is the kind of info I was looking for about life as a Japanese male/female... AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD! This is the information I wanted to know about crazy cultural differences

Hip's DeviantArt Page! - Hip's Music! - Hip's Myspace!╤╦╗
╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗