Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
06-26-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip View Post
XD well,

In my opinion in most styles of art, the background is simply to take up space and add texture. nothing more. So detail in teh background or worrying about if its on the scale of the character doesn't matter too much.

As far as drawing one character and the other looking different...You should ALWAYS sketch out the entire still-scene. Every character and object..That way you can go back in later and do hard lines.

Also, use the pencil length method. Draw one head and size it with your pencil, using your thumb to hold the size..then copy the size for the next character. A lot of artists will use the tip of their pencil for their lengthening, but i like to take a knife and knick my pencil somewhere for my starting marker and use my thumb for the second. Using the tip of your pencil will make it slightly innaccurate due to lead wearing down as you go to draw. Unles you draw very lightly.

And for objects it's all depth so i hope you use that dot we were all taught to use back in middle school for depth.

It takes a lot of time x.x But what doesn't. You'll get it.

I do occasionally use the pencil method..but instead of a pencil I have an old paint brush that I nick with a knife.