(#16 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
06-29-2008, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Japanese gameshows are known for being whacky and different. (As opposed to lame Western gameshows like Wheel of Fortune and Who wants to be a millionaire).
I agree.

"I Survived A Japanese Game Show", to me, sounds... natural. Most people that have seen clips of J-Game shows have a common thought: "Who in the hell would do something that is that close to impossible just so that when they fail, they can have that happen to them?!"

I don't know the name of the show, but on youtube there are several clips of the same one where a participant who fails to perform a given stunt, one person comes out to restrain him while another takes a big mouthful of something odorous (natto and garlic were two of the items that I remember) and breathes through a tube into the participants face. This is after, of course, they had just tried to jump through a gap that is only a foot wide, if that, and failed.

So, for many of us, we see those kinds of things and wonder who comes up with that crazy stuff and who volunteers for it.

Then you have shows like MXC, which often results in seemingly severe bodily harm--even though the worst injury I've seen was a broken nose, it just looks horrible when some poor guys steps on a Sinker and does the splits.

Then we wonder how people are NOT getting hurt :P .

Hence the name: "I Survived A Japanese Game Show." It just fits.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.