View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-04-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There's nothing not "remotely racist" about saying she would go nuts if she heard Spanish in Japan. It's just when someone says "No to sound racist" usually the following words are racist or discriminatory.

So she would be pissed if she heard Spanish in Japan? As a non-Japanese speaker, that's a pretty elitist attitude. What does she plan on speaking?

I stand by my post.
He didn't make any remarks about a certain race being inferior or superior. Only saying one doesn't like/want to hear a certain language _IS NOT RACIST_. Also it's understandable (if perhaps not possible) that, if you travel across to the other side of the world, you want it to be as different as possible from home. I'm the same way.

I know and understood what he wrote in his first post, and apparently so did you. So I don't understand why it is necessary to try and make someone out to be a racist that apparently is not (based on what we've seen him write, anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Amnell is an English-speaker from California. It's not people from his own country he doesn't want to see, but Spanish-speakers, specifially Mexicans.
The only thing he said about mexicans before you mentioned them, was that he asked about the popularity of mexican food.

Anyways what I wanted to point out was that even if saying the things he did would make him naive, elitist, asshole, whatever (not saying it does) - it still wouldn't make him _racist_.

I do, however, think it's a totally pointless thing to bother with and I can kind of understand you also MMM, so don't think I'm just out to get you or anything!

Sorry for the rant.

なんでやねん!

Last edited by Henbaka : 07-04-2008 at 11:40 AM.