View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
superbike81 (Offline)
New to JF

Newlywed concerns. - 07-06-2008, 11:48 AM

We just got married, I'm American, 27, and she's Japanese, 26. We live in Okinawa for now, but will be going to Tokyo in a couple years. We're going on a honeymoon in Bali in Spring of next year.

It's funny, I don't feel any different being married, maybe because we haven't had an actual wedding yet.

The actual legal marriage here in Japan is so........inconsequential. We went to the city office, and after about 20 minutes, it was just "Ok, we're married, lets go home now." No judge or anything asking me if I sware to love/honor/cherish/etc, just one of the office employees helping us with the paperwork and a friendly "omedeto" and that's it.

Ok, now on to the concerns.....

She's the same girl, but ever since we got married, she's been doing things for me way beyond what I expected. She knows how much I like Japanese girls (to the point of not being attracted to any other girls for the most part). We've watched some of the Gravure/AV videos together and she always asks if I want her to be like one of those girls (hairstyle, clothes style, etc). Two days ago I told her I liked black hair better, and the short hair style. Today she comes home with her hair dyed back to black (it was lightish brown) and cut short. This is a girl who hasn't cut her hair in like 10 years. This is just the most recent thing, she's changing everything for me, style, hair, attitude, all to please me. I'm happy about it, but I always heard that girls stop doing things for the guy once they get that wedding ring!

The big thing, and on one hand it makes me happy, on the other hand, I'm a little fearful. She knows I've got a weakness for small Japanese girls (she's 5'1" and 100lbs) with large breasts. So she starts doing research one day while I'm at work, and found out that Sora Aoi has fake breasts (US equivalent DD), and she wants to do them that size (she's a B cup right now). My "man side" is jumping for joy, my "husband side" is kinda hesitant about her putting herself through surgery and the pain during the first couple weeks of recovery. We're visiting a doctor this week for a surgery consultation.

Yeah, I know, long first post, but I figured maybe I could get some advice from other people who have Japanese girlfriends/wives anonymously. I don't want to talk to our friends about the last issue.