View Single Post
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

07-06-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteajunkie View Post
There seems to be so many things that get on my nerves and i loathe to draw! Please complain and give reccomendations everyone!

Backgrounds: I either don't know where to put the characters, or have to draw backgrounds after drawing the characters and they somehow get in the way! Also, drawing characters sitting down on chairs at tables and such is really annoying and difficult.
Eyes: Sometimes i'll draw one eye and i'll go to do the next one and it will be either a. totally different looking, or, b. totally different size.
Hair: OK, this is just plain out HARD!

ok

1. when your drawing in each panel think of it like a movie. lets say your character is sitting down in a chair and the other one is standing. when you draw it think ok hes sitting here and the chair is here and he's talking in this scene. if you dont have any room inside the panel for word bubbles, then draw it over the panel.

2. i used to do the same thing with the eyes. it takes practice to get it down the way you want it. but when you draw a face use the cross technique + to align the eyes do 2 lines instead of one to align the top and bottom part of the eyes. but be sure not to put the eyes to close together or far apart. leave a small gap between the ears and the eyes and a large space from the center.

hair is a pretty simple thing to do once you understand its science. the hair wont stick straight up but slope downwards (gravity).short hair will stick up thought because the weight of it is lighter. when drawing hair be sure the head isnt to long and oval and measure the forehead so that when you draw the hair it doesnt look like the characters forehead is too high or low. when drawing the hair use the area where the hair grows from as a marker. this part is harder to explain without a visual. but look at manga to see how the hair is drawn.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders