(#45 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-08-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
My wedding was a shinto ceremony, so I had the full get-up. It looked good and felt great, there were so many obi that there was tons of back support. But not in public. It's not just how you look, but whether or not your the nail that sticks out.
I think that in the case of women, it has a lot to do with the bust. The traditional form is a very straight one, so if you have a larger bust either you`re going to look weird because it shows a lot up there (as my yukata experiences have been), or you`re going to have to put 50 towels around your waist and shoulders to destroy any sign of curves (like they did for our shinto ceremony).

Either way, sadly, never looks quite right. The flatter the chest the easier it is to pull off... Men, on the other hand, can usually manage to look at the least quite decent as long as they pull off the posture and walk correctly.

Random off topic question - Paul11, where did you have your ceremony? I`m assuming a fairly private locale... I`m jealous. Ours was in front of throngs of tourists in full sakura season at Atsuta Jingu. In-laws wouldn`t settle for anything less for the family heir. *sigh*

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.