(#49 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-08-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Sounds about right. when both our parents did not give thier blessings we planned everything ourselves. Finally, mother-in-law invited me into the family. Which means she got involved and replanned everything 6 weeks prior to the wedding. 
We had their blessings from day one, and didn`t personally even want a real wedding. We were happy with a marriage certificate and a little party with our close friends. They protested, of course, but we didn`t have the money for a real wedding with my husband still in school and didn`t want to rely on them for it... So they backed down and let us do our thing with the promise that we`d have a real wedding later when things settled down. 3 years later, when I got pregnant, they jumped into action saying NOW, and dragging us through the planning. Everyone already knew we were married, everyone already knew we were having a baby... But I guess it`s a bit of a pride thing, so they pretty much forced us to have a wedding.

Quote:
We were so busy, and nervous, at the reception hall, thatlater we looked at the picture of us posing near the cake with knofe in hand. I completely forgot there was even a cake. I didn't recognize it at all.
Even though I picked the thing out - for the life of me, I can`t remember ours either. I know we had one though because I was pretty upset that I didn`t get to even have a bite of it. It was the main thing I was looking forward to.

Quote:
Narumi jinja looks nice.
Chances are, the photo/s you found aren`t of the one I`m talking about. I have only been able to find one small pic of the one I meant. It doesn`t seem to be an uncommon name.

Quote:
I can never see too many temples or shrines and I like the small ones. earlier you talked about going to Shikoku. There are the 88 temples dedicated to Kobo Daishi that people pilgrimage to. If you can rent a car try to check some out. The main one is propbably the least impressive. But others are small, old and fabulous.
There is a beautiful little one near here that I make a point out of stopping by just because it seems so... lonely and peaceful.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.