View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-09-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
I don't know about the availability or anything. But doesn't the visa become a problem? As I hear you can't really job-hunt on a tourist visa, and it seems this is the kind of job you would get "on the spot" and not something you would apply for from your home country.

And as he wouldn't then have employment before going to Japan, he also has no company that could/would sponsor the visa..?

Then again, doesn't Australia have the working-holiday thing for Japan?
sorry hen but i have no idea about the visa sort of stuff

as for carpentry in Aus its a large industry (even tho theres a lack of tradespeople) so sometimes there will be jobs advertised, but sometimes you can literally just go to sites and ask for jobs and your in with a good chance of getting some work

ill tell you a short funny story ill tell you how Tom applied for his apprenticeship (i was there)

*Tom picks up phonebooks looks in the trades carpentry sectiopn and picks a random number for for a builder close to his area*

*ring ring*

"hey my names Tom can i have an apprenticeship?"

"yeah start in Januray"

"cool thx seeya"

"seeya mate"

he rang closer to january (like 3 weeks later) and the guy was like yeah come to this address (construction site) and start on this day

and thats how he got the job.. it was all totally random - you couldnt make this stuff up.. it was so funny on the day ><

--------------------------------------------------------

back to business

i think he would like to stay over there for about a year possibly a little bit more, but as for the VISA i have no idea (something i will have to look up soon tho as if mine and a friends plan goes ahead should be going for a short trip to japan in a few months)

thx Hen