View Single Post
Old
Capcom (Offline)
New to JF

07-14-2008, 08:19 PM

Final Fantasy XIII is coming to Xbox 360, Square-Enix has confirmed.

Speaking at Microsoft's E3 2008 press briefing, Square-Enix boss Yoichi Wada confirmed the stunning news, stating: "At long last, the day we've all been waiting for has arrived. It gives me great pleasure to unveil this to you today."

In no way understating the significance of the announcement, Microsoft's Don Mattrick said: "Final Fantasy XIII is an astonishing addition to our growing array of RPG titles.

"Final Fantasy joins a long list of former PlayStation franchises finding a new home on Xbox 360," he beamed. A lengthy trailer was shown, albeit entirely CG.

No release dates were mentioned, with the only information being that the 360 version would be available "at launch". Presumably later in 2009.

The news followed preview presentations of two of Square-Enix's other 360 RPGs, namely Star Ocean, due Spring 2009, and Infinite Undiscovery, out later this year.

Check back all the Square-Enix trailers, including FFXIII, later today.

To be honest, I'm not happy with this. Sony is losing his exclusive games easy of Microsoft and something like this has really effect on Sony and might lose there market domination in gaming. I hope Sony is going to announce something big tomorrow or else... I might keep my Xbox 360 xD.

Last edited by Capcom : 07-14-2008 at 08:21 PM.