View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-20-2008, 01:19 AM

I'll take a stab at your questions, too.

1) How does the populace generally react to foreigners, and how much would a Caucasian stand out in a street area?

If you are near a military base, it depends on how your comrades before you have acted. After bad incidents sometimes reputations are bad, but generally just like another human being.

2)If they find out someone is Military, is he treated any differently?

Again, if you are near a base, chances are they treat you all pretty much the same way.

3) I have a question about the USAF presence in Japan. From some of my own gathering, the USAF sends out relief supplies to areas in that region devastated by disasters, does this really happen?

If there is a disaster in Japan the US military does what it can to help.

4)Is it common for fathers to introduce their daughters to men? I had an interesting situation happen on Skype with a japanese guy who started sending me pictures of his daughter and began talking about her , out of the blue. Seemed very odd to me, especially when he told me his daughter loves younger men ( He told me she was older than me when he found out I was 21)

No. To foriegn men? NO!

5)I've been reading that Yakota AFB offers a service where they fly over Tokyo for an hour, and it costs 90 per 3 people, is this service open to any citizen?

I don't know about this.

6)I hear the country regions are full of racists, will I get shot by a Japanese equivalent of a redneck if I get seen there?

Guns are illegal in Japan. Many people in the country likely have never met a foreigner before, but certainly not all. You aren't Magellan, dude. Japan is a first-world country. You might get some giggles, but no shotguns.

7) Last question I can think of and it has to deal with the female populace ( What can I say, I'm single and always on the hunt) if they find out I'm USAF do I just all of a sudden become the most wanted person on their list, or do they ignore that fact?

Short answer: No. Long answer: You can just as easily classify Japanese women as you can American women. Some like men in uniform, some don't. Some like macho men. Some don't. Some like foreign guys. Some don't.