Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-21-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyswans View Post
Hi
I will be in japan for 24 days in september / october
Any advice on must see cities, towns, places, restaurants, museums, sporting events, things, in fact anything in Japan would be much appreciated

I know this covers a lot of ground - im just seeking your personal opinion
if you had 24 days in Japan - where would you go - what should be seen ?

we were thinking:
- 5/6 days hokkaido,
- 5/6 days in japanese alps,
- 5/6 days visiting kyoto, hiroshima, island near hiroshima starting with letter M, and beppu
- 5/6 days in Tokyo and visiting surrounding area

Any advice is welcome

c
Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Himeji, Kobe, these will take you about 1-11 days,

Where are you going in Hokkaido? Furano is a 1 day thing, while Sapporo is about 2 days or so. The rest are more exploratory type cities that are not true tourist attraction, you can giver Hakodate a shot, its a nice place too

Not a climber so I can't comment on the Alps, but from what I heard and read, its not all that exciting.

Tokyo, you need about 5 days to visit the major stuff, 7 at most, do include Yokohama in your list, I like Yokohama way more than I like Tokyo. For Tokyo, do drop by the Daiba, Ueno, Asakusa, Akihabara. Then of course, your usual Shinjuku, Harajuku, Shibuya, Roppongi, Ginza...

Make sure you do drop by one of the onsen town for a day or 2... you won't regret it