View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-22-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Yes and no. Enough fear and hassle and we could make stuff again. American's usually don't do anything till the last moment, then get off thier duffs and get the job done. The relationship between China and the U.S. is symbiotic. They get many of thier raw materiels from us, we buy thier stuff, they provide it. We can't do without each other in the global economy. We could make stuff if pushed so far, but we buy a huge percentage of what they sell. They need us.
Yeah, I agree, it's like a love hate relationship. But what I'm saying, is that it'd have to reach a point of almost poverty for the US to start producing things like the Chinese do. Labour would cost far too much if the US wanted to produce things. As for Raw materials, I must admit. I don't, didn't know that China got them from the US, all I knew, was that the US injects a percentage of money into the Chinese economy through the products they buy. But without the US, China still has lots of other countries. Take the UK for example. There was a program on recently where they showed what a household would look like without chinese products. The average family would be left with NOTHING. I knew that a lot of things were "Made in China", but I was seriously shocked to see that an average folk, middle class, had absolutely nothing. It's pretty much the same in most European countries, and pretty much any country that isn't a third world country (Talking about consumer goods, not army related etc).