View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-22-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Yeah it's scary. Conservatives are railing against that right now. I don't think it will get to povertyy level to change. There is a whole worker-immigrant-caste in the states that would manufacture rather than garden and clean. I know how bad that sounds, but the world isn't always pretty.

Also, lately I see more things made in other countries. When The standard of living rises in China and they demand more pay at our factories the companies will move the manufacturing to more viable locations. Maritaunia, mexico, sout asia. If central and south Africa get thier act together politically and make it safe for business venture that would be a super cheap place to build factories.

I'm nervous as well, but there may be options in the future and I must stay positive.
Yeah, you're right. Chinese are getting a better standard of living, so factory work is changing countries... Much like Japan. Just after the Word War, most things were manufactured in Japan; now look at where it is.
As for Africa, that place is doomed for all eternity. Sounds harsh, but people are way too divided due to colonisation, and just generally getting abused by foreigners, and not to even mention the corruption of governments. The mentality of Africans will never put them forward in the world. At least not in my lifetime. It's sad, because my home land is part of this.