View Single Post
(#100 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-23-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Yes, it is Reuters. No western agenda? I think you'll find that it's mainly Western News Channels that use it. So, how can it not have a western agenda?

And how is it you suggest I prove this to you? I got an idea, next time there is another issue with foreign affairs and china (which there definately will be with all this racist attitude towards the Chinese from many westerners and western media), go watch CCTV 1-12 (CCTV 9 is in english, if you wish to understand exactly what they're saying). Obviously, I can't prove to you that they did show the protests etc, unless they're on Youtube or something, but you can't prove that this info has be aquired through the internet either. Which brings me to the point, do you think chinese people are stupid? If they aquired this information from the net, and they learnt the truth from the net, yet they saw their media lie, do you really believe that the chinese would be stupid enough to not figure out that the media is lying, or that they are stupid enough to let the media channels go on with their lies?
I find it hard to believe that chinese people would find the truth from the net to the point where they boycott french products, and yet not protest against their news channels that would obviously be "lying" to them

I'm not claiming I DO know the answer. I'm just simply saying that it's not good to say that the chinese are hiding something simply because they're not letting reporters in. Hence me saying, there "could" be other reasons, not only the reason that the media puts on page one. So as you can see, I'm not dodging anything, because I havn't claimed I know the truth. I'm giving my opinion based on the exagurations of media, history of tibet and Chinese people I know and have spoken to.
Noodle, I don't have the energy to write much now. But, you have some good points and so does Ronin. My journalism degree and monitoring of american media tells me Ronin is correct. But what he doesn't realize is that the media is extremely liberal in the U.S. and mostly sympathetic to China, except for the Tibet issue. In Tibet the American journalists were ordered off the streets and into hotels. In China all western journalists are subject to clearing with the govmnt what they film in China.

And Al Jezeera? No disrespect to you, but I trust Al Jezeera as much as I trust an enemy in my back yard., a fox in the hen house AJ has shown its anti-american/violent leanings.

Last edited by Paul11 : 07-23-2008 at 11:13 AM.