View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
OddGoo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to OddGoo Send a message via MSN to OddGoo
Going to Japan in October, A few questions =) - 07-23-2008, 05:18 PM

As this is my first post, I would also like to introduce myself .

Im 19, Im mexican, and I am a videogame developer (Web Games currently =P)

I have read lots of topics in this forum, I must thank you all for sharing so much info. (Great topic about etiquette, Housetek!)

Now , back to the topic, I will be going for a number of reasons, being one of them the Tokyo Game Show on October 11 and 12, and I have some small matters left unanswered:

1) Have some one attended that event? any info/tips/recommendations?

2) Some info about laundry services? I plan on spending at least 3 weeks and not taking too much luggage.

3)I read that at the arcades, the character customizations went for 100 yen, what about the other games in general?

4)What is the general perception on videogames?/ How is playing with a DS on the street seen? Any "Gamer" meetup spots? (This is because here in Mexico, games are still generally considered childish/dumb)

5)Really strange question =P, Ive been talking to a japanese friend that lives here in Mexico but has gone there, and we are the "adventurer" type, he sometimes slept outdoors, near abandoned temples, in the wild, etc. And I would really love to do that at least once, just walk, explore and enjoy as "untouristly" as it can get, ¿Are there any severe law problems with doing that?

6)About buisness cards, its "stare at it for a moment, look at its both sides, and gently put it on a card case" right? A little more info on establishing some buisness conversation?

7)Any schools that have video game design on their plans?

And last for now , but not least =P

8)Any advice on presenting my portfolio to game development studios for Outsourcing or looking for a job?

Thank you much in advance, just for reading all of this!