Thread: Crowne Plaza
View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ChameleonSaint (Offline)
New to JF

07-24-2008, 01:53 AM

Thank-you so much Kappabashi for your reply.

The only thing I should have mentioned is that I do not specifically need to stay in Ginza or any area for that matter. I have never been to Japan before so I can stay anywhere in or around Tokyo.

Yes the Mercure looks nice also.

I guess the main things I am looking for is:

(1) Easy to get to once I have come off my flight. I am not keen to jump on and off trains late at night. One train to a close train station is fine, but the one bus directly to the front door sounds good.

(2) Somewhere in an area that would have easy access to get around and also have a bit of activity itself. Cafes, shops, restaurants and things to do etc.

I read Ginza is not a tourist area but has lots of things happening. Also Ikebukuro is similar and also has a main train station so it would be easy to get around.

It is always hard when you have never been somewhere.
I have been using Google Earth to look at each area and reading a lot on the internet.

I guess I will walk around and look at things like the Imperial palace, museums, gardens, shops, the people throughout the day. Although at night I would not be interested in clubs I am sure I would enjoy walking around some major streets looking at the night life though. I would love to go up high somewhere and look at the lights of Tokyo at night.