View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-26-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Actually, I think I started this series sometime ago and never finished it. I'll have to take a look back.
As far as I know, both the manga and anime for Meitantei Conan are still ongoing. I wish I could watch the more recent episodes. There are a handful of episodes that I haven't seen, that I wish I could, as well as movie 11.
Quote:
What is Negima about?
It's about this 10 year old boy genius from Wales who is assigned to teach English-language at an all-girl in Japan. You know he's a genius because once he learned of his assignment, he had to learn Japanese, and he learned it fluently in like three weeks, or something like that. The main character, Negi, also has a secret. He's really a mage/wizard in training. He has to keep the secret, but being in a school setting and doing so turns to be difficult. Negi wants to become a Magister Magi because he wants to find his father, who disappeared years earlier. He still believe that he's alive. If you've ever read or seen Hunter x Hunter just think Gon in this sense. We know nothing of his mother, but Gon's father vanished without a trace, and Gon wants to find his father, hence why he became a Hunter in the first place.

There are two versions of the manga, if I'm not mistaken. One called Negima Neo or something based on the second anime series it had, then there's the original version, Mahou Sensei Negima: Magister Negi Magi (this is the one you'd want to read). It's licensed, so you should be able to buy it.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 07-26-2008 at 10:13 PM.