View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-30-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Not only do I agree, but JF management needs to consider that reading rational and polite debate is how less mature people learn to discuss serious topics. They don't learning by just being silenced.

While I understand the thought behind a posting minimum, it sabotages your intent. It is exactly the minimum required posts concept that causes most serious forums to be cratered with spam. Immature or inconsiderate users spam the boards until they reach whatever minimum is set. Let's strike that requirement and replace it with a formal request explaining why they think they should be allowed to participate being submitted to either a moderator or a group of users with the authority to approve or deny.

Agreed. There are far too many threads that are really not applicable to Japan. And yet there are political, social and artistic topics that are global enough to be suitable.

Now here is where a posting minimum might help a little. No starting a thread till you have been participating for 30 days and have posted # times.
30 days is too excessive.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.