View Single Post
(#208 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-05-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Did I say that I know how the situation is there SIMPLY from being there a couple of weeks. I beg you, if you really wanna debate with me about this, just check my other posts in this thread. I think you'll find that the main thing I've been saying is not to trust EVERYTHING one news source says. i.e. check out the chinese news as well as the western news as well as other sources AND your own experiences from going there etc etc etc... And ditto, "I'm not saying nor have I ever said I was some kind of China expert."

I don't try to understand your words? You're implying that people don't speak out and that if they do, they get imprisoned... If that's not what you were saying, then I am sorry, but could you then please, clarify it for me. Oh and btw, I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else on this forum, so I don't know where you got that idea from. My whole point on this thread was "do no prejudge".

There are about as many incidents where a westerner has spoken out and faced punishement as there are in china. I really don't get how you don't understand this. People in china DO speak out about things they don't like, pretty much like anywhere else in the world. Certain people do get jailed for speaking out, just like anywhere else in the world. Jeez, that guy from RSF (reporters without boarders) has been jailed and banned from PLENTY of countries. He's even been jailed in France (the home of this organisation).

My problem with most of you guys, is that you don't realise how big China is. As it's such a big country, you're more likely to have more bad incidents occur. BUT, you are also gonna have a lot of goood coming from the country. I simply don't like how people are focusing on the negative sides, and sometimes exagurating the negativity for god knows what reason. Like I said previously in this post. I find it funny that a couple of decades ago, the west was saying how barbaric and uncivilized China was because everyone was on bikes, but today, the world is complaining at how much polution it produces simply because they've advanced...
This is simply what I don't like about most people. I will never ever say China is perfect. If I ever do, I hope to god that I say it whilst I'm admitted in a mental hospital. Same goes for any other country. But to complain about a country without considering the good it's doing is Hypocritical in my eyes and is swimming in jealousy...
Quit trying to explain Noodle.They are all brainwashed by capitalist propaganda..