View Single Post
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Teesama (Offline)
Little Nemesis

08-21-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Actually, to make assauge your feelings: European tourist boards have done a lot of poling lately. It turns out that Americans have some of the best reputations as tourists in Europe. The ugly american stereotype has disapeared, thanks tou sensative people like you. We tip better, are moe polite and try to learn a few native phrases more than almost anyone else.

It turn out that the French and Chinese are the worst rated. They are rude, the chinese touch things i museums and the french are lousy tippers.

We are conscious of the old stereotype so we, as you say, "go out of our way" to et people know we appreciate thier patients. It has gone a long way.

Later.
Yeah, but it didn't disappear,they are turning better only recently. It takes more than few years for stereotype to change xD
(I'm working at casttles and museums part time) Still the best tourists are japanese and german.

I have bad luck for american tourists too. ("Please don't make photos." "Yeah right *flash flash*", "Please don't touch anything." "But of course! *goes to sit on antique chair*")

Last edited by Teesama : 08-21-2008 at 02:28 PM.