Old
sillygodxdisco (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to sillygodxdisco
08-22-2008, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
Hi guys,

I'm a bit of a music freak when it comes to guitar.. I love it.

The winner of the tabs vs staff argument is simple - none!

Train your ear and you will be great.

David Lucas Burge has a few ear training courses if you are serious about music. If it's more just a hobby then I don't have anything against tabs, if they get you playing guitar when otherwise you'd be watching tv then there's nothing wrong with that!

I don't know any J-Rock songs but I'm sure I'll get into it soon... I guess I could tab a thing or two if a few people really want something. I have near perfect Relative Pitch so it's easy for me.

who's david lucas burge? & do you have any other tips/ suggestions for learning ear training? because right now i have a problem with that; i can't tell what a piece of music starts on, but i can tell the intervals between the notes. for example, if i didn't know that mary had a little lamb started on an E and instead made it start on a G, i'd know that the next note interval- wise would be an F. just a while ago i tried to play this little bass solo at the beginning of a song i like, and i THOUGHT it started on a C so i got all the intervals right, but when i tried playing with the actual song, it turns out C wasn't the starting note. unfortunately i can't sustain the first note of songs in order to try to match the pitch. i think this problem might have to do with the fact that i play the piano [which is in concert pitch] and french horn [which is in F] so that gets confusing or maybe that my piano has always been half a step flat.

"listen a heartless shout listen a heartless cry listen a heartless world"
.. cyclone : 12012 ♪

facebook
&
mixi

girugamesh. rentrer en soi. antic cafe. the gazette. ♥