View Single Post
(#115 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-22-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsakaPapa View Post
That wouold be pretty darn ironic. XD If you put down any places that arent in Hokkaido, it seems like Chisa and I are going for places in Hyogo-ken, so maybe you'd end up in or around there ^_^
That'd be incredibly ironic. lol
Quote:
Having lived there and seen it firsthand many times, I feel like I should tell you. The Japanese LOVE to drink; it's not just a JET thing. If you go out anywhere or have parties with your fellow teachers, I can almost guarentee you there will people getting drunk and lots of drinking going on. While that doesn't mean you have to, just be prepared for it to happen around you XD I'm not against drinking, just against people being really stupid about it. I don't drink very often though, and I've never gotten trashed, and don't plan it. At least I do know if I do decide to drink (or they make me), I'm not an angry drunk XD Quite the opposite actually. I'm one of those people that if they get tipsy, I start saying silly things, hug people, and tell embarresing stories about me and my friends XD But yeah, just be prepared for it to happen around you XD
Oh, I have nothing against those who drink and know that it's common there. Even I'm okay with having a drink occasionally, just not to the point where I'm crazy drunk. I honestly have no desire to ever experience that feeling, and I think it's because of how strict I am with drinking and driving. I'm always the designated driver here, so it's just become a habit to avoid drinking if out. At least one good thing in Japan, they have that no-tolerance thing where driving is concerned, and how you can't have any alcohol in your system before driving.