(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-24-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokumachan View Post
I know many japanese families dont hug and kiss their children or each other so it may be hard to grow up knowing how to do these things and even feeling good about it.
Japanese MOTHERS hug and kiss their children, sleep next them until well into grade school, bathe with them until close to adulthood, etc.
Affection at home in a family setting is a lot different than customs when walking around in public.

Japanese fathers, on the other hand, have a history of being a bit distant from the children - although this is changing a lot in recent years. But as I presume you`re an adult (or at least old enough to not be of the current generation of children) the chance that her father was very close is fairly low.

Quote:
However many japanese women watch korean drama, which has a lot of kissing and touching etc. so its not something that it totally foreign. Would a japanese girl be willing to let herself grow to be more affectionate in a relationship?
You`re assuming it`s a foreign concept to begin with.
It`s not. People just don`t go around getting all that touchy feely in public.

Love and affection are not American concepts. If you want "American" love, date an American.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.