View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

Career choices in Japan and living there. - 08-24-2008, 06:45 PM

Like many people, I want to live in Japan after I finish my university, however, unlike many people, I do not want to be pigeon holed into teaching English. Which is why I plan to learn Japanese fluently, or as fluently as I can before heading off there.

Here we come to my dilemma, It's my dream to be a musician, but I'm very well aware of the difference between reality and a dream. So as a second hand choice, I have Film Directing, and then Photography. And maybe if neither of them work out, Journalism and other Media type works.

MY question is this, how is the industry and work for Film Industry in Japan? I know in America, it's very hard to become successful, however, it IS the best place to become a Film Director due to Hollywood. What's it like in Japan? The pay? The chance of me becoming a Film Director, considering I'm on par with other Japanese Directors, due to the fact that I'll still be a foreigner? What's the demand of Film Directors like in Japan?

The same questions would go for Photography and other parts of Media. What are the chances of me actually getting a job in Photography and/or Media in Japan as a foreigner?

Thank you in advance.