View Single Post
(#139 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
samurai007, MMM, do you guys think you could help us by looking over our SoPs when done if you guys aren't busy?
Maybe just post it online for general comments? Thing is, we don't necessarily know everything right to say. We have a little knowledge, from knowing our own SoP and interviews (though mine was over 12 years ago now so I've forgotten most of the details). And maybe we've talked with a few other JETs and found common themes or ideas.

But when you are either accepted or rejected, no one tells you WHY that decision was made. Did the comments about why you wanted to go to Japan help you, hurt you, or were neutral? Was the writing style you used too formal, too casual, or just right? What were they looking for that your essay either had or did not have? We can't say because we don't know. There will be different people reading your essay than read mine, and some things they may be looking for might have changed in the 12 years since I was on the program. So just keep that in mind...

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan