View Single Post
(#147 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-29-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsakaPapa View Post
Dude, I envy your placement luck! I will definitely look into the place you just mentioned more, and if I like what I see, hopefully a list of Nishinomiya, Kobe, and Amagasaki will really do me well to get in that area. Is there anything I should know about the area..not only that would help with living there, but help with making it sound like I really know about the places, and thus hopefully increasing my chance to live there.
Amagasaki is a very industrial town set between Osaka and Nishimomiya (a fancy little city). From the train there is no distinction as to where one city ends and another begins, besides the rivers that divide them.

I THINK you are more likely to be placed in city size rather than location, though it depends how you "rank". My friend was "ranked" almost, if not number one, and he got the exact CIR location he wanted (in Nagoya).

Don't count on anything more than you will be living in Japan if you get the job.

(BTW, my choices were Tokyo, Nagoya and Fukuoka...places where I had friends...I knew nobody in Kansai when I was placed there, but now it is the best thing that ever happened to me.)

Last edited by MMM : 08-29-2008 at 05:31 AM.