(#149 (permalink))
Old
OsakaPapa (Offline)
I <3 Osaka

Send a message via AIM to OsakaPapa
08-31-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChisaChi View Post
I have a quick question - does the contract/visa limit any extra work you might do? Specifically I'd like to continue doing freelance web design in my spare time if I go, to keep up with the industry and save up some more money. I don't want to do anything that's actually illegal or that will bring shame on me/my school/every ALT for all eternity though. The clients are likely to be international ones found online rather than local. Sounds unlikely that it would be allowed, but just curious as to specifics

Failing that, doing freebie websites for charity and not-for-profit organisations should be fine right?
I'm sure doing free stuff will be just fine. If you're doing freelance work, isn't it pretty under the table type of pay to begin with? If so, I don't think you'd have a lot to worry about. I actually plan on opening an eBay store, and selling stuff I can easily get here that I know certain types of people will pay good money for. I'm pretty connected to the anime and video game world, so I plan on making some extra cash that way XD

なんでやねん

- Studied in Tokyo for my 2007 Spring Semester. Lived in Ota-ku in the Ontakesan area. Pics can be found on my Facebook. Feel free to add me ^_^