(#361 (permalink))
Old
OsakaPapa (Offline)
I <3 Osaka

Send a message via AIM to OsakaPapa
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelazors View Post
omg i didn't know traveling to japan was so strict now =O they really take your photo and fingerprints? i just went two years ago and didn't go through that, but i guess a lot has changed since then. so i have a question... will studying abroad in japan be difficult if i have a tattoo on my wrist and a lip ring? i also plan on getting more tattoos after i get the money, but those will be on my back, hip, or thigh and can be covered with clothes. the wrist one can also be covered with a watch or wristband. and i'm guessing teaching english in japan would be extremely difficult if i have tats and the lip ring still yeah?
You should have no problems studying abroad, as that isn't really based off your appearance, and in most cases, those who are hiring you will never even see your face. Teaching English over there, as most people said, is another story. I have every intention to go there to teach English, and if I ever get a tattoo, it would never be anywhere on my body that isn't covered up with clothes everyday. With your wrist tattoo, as long as you can cover that up while your in school with a watch or bracelet, you should be ok there too. The lip ring, unfortunately, I can almost promise you will have to go. I have 2 ear rings, which might pass if I were a woman, but, I am not, so I'll probably even have to take those out >.< In the US those might fly, but I doubt they would in Japan.

なんでやねん

- Studied in Tokyo for my 2007 Spring Semester. Lived in Ota-ku in the Ontakesan area. Pics can be found on my Facebook. Feel free to add me ^_^