View Single Post
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-13-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
There have been women opressors and men opressors. Just seems like there have been more men.
Well, basically men always used to be the people who DO things. Warriors? Men. Doctors? Men. Astronauts, scientists, inventors? The vast majority were men. Women had the option of letting the men do the heavy lifting, while sharing in the spoils. Wisely, they took it.

If there is any record of Caesar conquering Gaul and Mrs. Caesar saying oh no honey, please leave those nice Gauls alone, I've never seen it.

Basically you're applying 2008 assumptions to huge swathes of human history and it doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Feminism ... is not, and never has been, women whining about men. If you think that's the case, you clearly have the wrong impression of what feminism is.
Really? A little history for you my friend.

Gloria Steinem: "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle."

Marilyn French: "All men are rapists, and that's all they are."

Andrea Dworkin: "Sex and murder are fused in the male consciousness, so that one without the imminent possibility of the other is unthinkable and impossible."

Roseanne Barr, on reading that a Utah housewife stabbed her husband 37 times: "I admire her restraint."

Andrea Dworkin again: "I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig."

Entirely representative quotes, not taken out of context, from some of the leading feminist thinkers of modern times (except Roseanne Barr who's just an obnoxious cow.)

『辛かった」といえる前に
「辛かったろう」と言ってくれる