View Single Post
(#114 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
Korokke - Japanese Croquettes - 09-14-2008, 04:22 AM

Korokke - Japanese Croquettes

Korokke is not an original Japanese dish. There are many different kinds of korokke today, varying in their fillings. The recipe below introduces you two of the most popular kinds of korokke: white cream korokke and meat potatoe korokke.

Ingredients:

* White Cream Filling
o Butter
o Flour
o Milk
o Canned corn
* Meat potatoe filling
o Potatoes
o Ground beef or pork
o Onion
* Other Ingredients
o Flour
o Eggs
o Bread crumbs
o Korokke sauce*
o Japanese mayonnaise*
o Cabbage

* May not be available in Western supermarkets; but you should be able to find it in Japanese grocery stores that exist in most large European and American cities.

Preparation:

White cream filling:

Melt the butter in a fry pan and add flour.
Add the milk and stir until the sauce becomes homogenous.
Wait until the white mass is very viscose and add the canned corn.
Give the cream into a rectangular dish and put it into the refrigerator for several minutes where it should become more solid.

Potatoe meat filling:

5. Cook the potatoes and smash them.
6. Fry the ground meat with cut onions, and then remove as much oil as possible.
Mix the meat, the onions, and the smashed potatoes, and add a little bit of salt.

Deep Frying:

8. Form the meat potatoe mixture into hamburger like pieces with a diameter of about 6 cm and a thickness of about 1 cm.
Cut or form the white cream in pieces of about 2x2x4 cm. The rectangular dish should haven given the cream the desired form and makes the cutting easier.
Put one piece after the other first in the flour and cover all its surface. Then cover it with beaten raw egg, and finally with bread crumbs.
Deep fry the korokke pieces until they are beautiful golden.
12. Cut some green outer cabbage leafs in thin strings.

Serving and eating:

Put the green cabbage and the golden korokke pieces on a plate, and eat it with korokke sauce and mayonnaise.

General information:

In Japan you can buy single pieces of korokke warm in convenience stores and supermarkets. Because the preparation of korokke requires quite much effort, it's rarely done at home.

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question

Last edited by CarleyGee : 09-14-2008 at 03:56 PM.