View Single Post
(#93 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-17-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
The only guys that are really against such a movement here are the ones who think women should be kicked back into the kitchen.
You're right, and that's part of the problem. "Opposed to feminism"? You mean, you want to keep women in the kitchen?

The problem is that feminism's STATED aims do not match its REAL aims, if you look at what they've actually done. And I'm talking about the opinion leaders, the ones who actually get things done.So the dictionary definition is useless if you're interested in describing the world as it really is.

If feminism is really an egalitarian movement why hasn't it advocated the following?
1. More resources for boys' education. Girls have been outperforming boys in education for 30 years.
2. A public awareness campaign to erase the widely held view that domestic violence is a MALE crime, as I explained above.
3. Extending the draft to women. ("I don't like the draft at all" is an excuse -- should the draft not have been used in WW2?)
4. Encouraging women to take dangerous jobs. Firefighters, beat cops, miners, garbage collectors and long-haul truckers are overwhelmingly men.
5. Eliminating the Duluth procedures, which deal with domestic disputes based on the assumption that the man is the culprit.
6. Elimination of hiring quotas for women in academia and the civil service.
7. Increasing the amount of money spent on prostate cancer research to match the sums spent on breast cancer research.

These are all things that an egalitarian movement should be busy doing. Do you know of feminists advocating these things? How much time have YOU spent advocating them? Only "dissident feminists," far from the mainstream, are arguing these points. These are the same feminists that are actively excluded from public dialogue.

『辛かった」といえる前に
「辛かったろう」と言ってくれる