View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
StangGuy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-24-2008, 03:25 PM

There are several places with English menus, and few places with vegeterian meals. One of my coworkers is Vegan and spent most of his meals eating cheese pizza at Jolly Pasta, he knew Vegan was a near impossibility in Japan and conceded on the dairy products. Most of the restaurants listed on GetHiroshima.com have an english menu. Some places have a picture menu but most of the really nice Japanese restaurants have neither. If you can find one pick up a GetHiroshima map when you arrive it helps alot. I don't know if the train station has them but pretty much any place listed on the website has one. You said you are staying at a Hotel just outside Hiroshima Station, if it is Hotel Granvia, they have the GetHiroshima map.

If you are looking for some non-japanese food. Kemby's/The Shack and Molly Malones are pretty good. Kemby's and The Shack are American style bars. The food choices are pretty much all over the map though and The Shack has the same menu as Kemby's but with some Japanese dishes as well. Molly Malones is of course an Irish pub, run by a Brit of some sort. I don't know if he is Irish or English.