View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
enyafriend (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-04-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryuop View Post
I hate grammar book...they always give these things as "pick which one you like coz they are the same!". Then you talk to some native speaker and they say they have a difference.

All these little "nuance" that you find here and there are so hard to understand for us foreigners. For example I have someone trying to explain me additional uses of は and I really don't see all those differences. I had finally reached the point to kinda understand the "nuance"of a phrase like 私に息子がいます and 私には息子がいます...but now I find out that I can even say 私は息子がいます...man I wish I could put in a Japanese man what Japanese learners feels like in these cases
That is why lessons are taught one step at a time. When it is supposed to go from lesson 1-2-3-4-5, you're at lesson 2 and you picked up a new phrase of lesson 5 standard from an anime or through discussions at a forum, and you get all confused.

Believe me, the more you learn, the more you find yourself getting confused over things. Don't rush yourself, otherwise your interest in the subject will wane very fast.

The most important thing is to completely understand and be confident in the level that you are working on before moving on to the next level. This way, your foundation will be well covered and it'll be less confusing for you.

Have fun and go easy.

Hokkaido e ikitai........