(#120 (permalink))
Old
Snail (Offline)
カタツムリ

Send a message via MSN to Snail
10-04-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXL View Post
Meta77, i went to Japan solo and i'm black. You have no worries there. There are one or two people that stopped to ask me where I was from, some kids stared at me but that was mainly outside Tokyo (in Kyoto, Himeji, Hiroshima, Nara etc) and other big cities like Yokohama and Osaka. And besides most of them seemed more scared of me, but all very friendly.

You can meet some nice people like this old lady that sat next to me on a shinkansen, when another woman had just got up and to go find another seat just as i sat down. She talked to me in Japanese (i dont speak it) but i knew what she was asking and when i got to where i was going, she showed me where to catch the next train and where to leave my bags.

So go on, Japan was alright for me. and if you want to see black people, head to Roppongi, it seems like thats the meeting point
What a great story! Some people are snobbish or don't want to feel awkward so they might avoid or ignore you.
And then you have good hearted fellow human beings like that old lady you mentioned. Your story has lightened my day.
Snail