View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Such a fanboy, lol.

There's apparently going to be 9 unannounced PS3 exclusive games unveiled at TGS.

See these threads for info:

New (pre TGS) Dissidia: Final Fantasy Interview - PS3Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byoushinn on PS3forums,com
- the project is a very long one, Nomura originally warmed to the idea several years ago, the original ideas for the game have been a long way in planning. To reveal it on the 20th anniversary seemed fitting :P
- the character roster was decided way back at the beginning, it was always gonna be one hero and one villain from FF I - X.
- the characters roles in their own games, and their roles in Dissidia aren't the same *obviously because Dissidia has it's own story* Though there are connections with the characters within this standalone story. And of course, their personality traits are the same as ever.
- they assure us that the as of yet, unrevealed V, VI, and VII characters will be at TGS
- It was a very hard task in combining the whole past of the Final Fantasy series into the game, they didn't want it to feel like 'hey, this isn't final fantasy' and because Dissidia is using characters fans already know and love, they have that worry too because it's not like another Final Fantasy development, where they can work with something completely new each time. The narrative progression was also tricky, as it had to involve all the characters fully. (give them each their own sub story within the game kinda)
- the game is very well rounded, because in the end, a majority vote was taken, in order to establish which ways would work better for the game
- FFVII and beyond is easy for them to be faithful to the characters in recreating them for Dissidia, but because pre VII, the sprites aren't easy to recreate, which is why they chose to use Yosihitaka Amano's artwork as a reference. (they're confident they will stay faithful to the memories of the fans)
- vaguely mentions the battle system, it's versatile, and very easy to use, 2 player etc
- aside from fighting, shopping for items, character customization is included too.
- fine tuning of the game, it's a tight schedule before the december release.
- The final demo version (previous to it's release) will be playable at TGS, with 6 characters to try out.
- He encourages all types of people to play the game, and it's perfect for short commutes and things (i.e a good portable game)
I'll post more if I find it.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.

Last edited by Tyrien : 10-07-2008 at 09:37 PM.