View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

10-13-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
Just because they're opposites doesn't make it not cliche. Long story short, I had a lesbian friend who wrote lesbian stories, and it was always the hippie chicks, the punk chicks and the goth chicks. Always some kind of clique. I'm trying to be constructive, so if you want a good opposites attract story, make it deeper than the clothes they wear!

I know what Yuri means, but it's thin ice naming a lesbian that. It could be interpreted as kind of silly and childish. Like writing a baseball story and naming the main character Homerun McCatchwell

Sorry about the Arab thing, I misread and thought you wanted it to be forbidden. But I think MMM's suggestion would work, kids are all annoying and judgemental in high school
I agree- for instance it is much more intriguing with a person who maybe doesn't stand out in public, knows how to act around people and "friends" but infact has a whole other depth to him/her. I don't just mean a clichéd "dark secret" though, it has to be done (very) well or that too is just cheesy.

I just like it when writers drop the whole stereotypic way of placing a character into a "slot", like goth,punk,blabla... And instead tries to portray a real human - then the possibilities are infinite.

なんでやねん!