View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
amuchan (Offline)
Panda Bear ♥♥

10-15-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck View Post
ok first...a plumber does MORE than plugs and sinks....

he is the ARCHITECT of your gas, water and heating systems

yes geshia's do a dance to express a message.....but they have no INPUT on that message....
with Romeo and Juliet you are free to interpret the play however YOU see fit.... thus no two perfomances of the play will be the same...

however in geshia dance...there is no room for being creative...every muscle movement is carefully choreographed......there is NO creative imput from the geshia on the dance....

what they are doing is artisitc.....but i do not think that the geshia themselves...can be described as artists..."mother" perhaps....

i am hoping to be convinced otherwise...but so far have not

You are right about the plumbers, what I was trying to say though, anyone could do it. Geisha is special though. There are specific terms in order to be a geisha. OKay fine, let's just say I will go with you on saying the performers are not a art. But you agree the movements of geisha and the dance are a art correct? So geisha is a tradition and these girls are following it specifically, though they are not art? To me, that doesn't make sense. If your performing a tradition, you are becoming art with your movments and the way your doing it. Am I making any sense?