View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

10-17-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
First off, to the Mods, if you think this belong to the "Fashion" section, please kindly move it

Participant, please keep it clean, and don't attack others, I really want to hear people's opinion toward this.

I am just wondering, if anyone here know someone or had experience yourself in cosplay? If you do, what goes through the mind of a cosplayer?

I went through a period of self doubt when I was younger (much younger), but I never dream of dressing up like character from video games or animate, to me there is a clear cut between that world and reality.

Do you think, or is there anything solid (proven) that this cosplay culture is related to self esteem or someone in need of attention? Or is it a pure act of "getting away from reality"? I can see the later with the general Japanese society, given the stress level and pressure the nation is under.......
for fun.

it's kind of like asking if people dress up at halloween because of self-esteem issues.

people are able to cosplay because they have self-esteem & they can deal with the crap people give them about their hobby. need of attention? cosplaying doesn't necessarily get people to notice you. especially when you're going to a convention where you're just going to blend in.

& getting away from reality? well..all i gotta say to that is..if a change of clothes will help me escape reality then somebody better show me how it's done 'cause i want a break!

oh & i have never cosplayed before. but i will be next year at the convention, though. WHY? 'cause i like to have fun.

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.