View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

11-11-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagamama View Post
Hey peeps just trying to clear my doubts in preparations for my upcoming trip in december to japan Tokyo,Please answer any of them if u can
1)What kind of Train passes exists in the tokyo metro's line?and which is worth it?
2)Is Osaka/Kyoto worth the time to travel from Tokyo in a 10 day trip?
3)Is Disneyland worth going to?
4)Coming from somewhere with no winter i have absolutely no idea what to expect when i hit there from 20 december onwards.Can anyone please tell me what kind of weather should i expect.And how much clothing is neccesary?
5)where do you think christmas is best spent in tokyo?

Alright peeps please do reccomend/post all the spots/activities u believe to be worth going/doing.It can range from anything from a fancy restaurant to a roadside ramen shop,Locations such akihabara ,shibuya ,ginza Etc

Lastly i know this is a bit odd,But for those of u with any knowledge regarding where i could possibly play a game of football in tokyo will be much appreciated.

Thats all i can think of now,Cheers!=)
You decision with the train pass should be made base on whether you are going to Osaka or not. What are some of your interest? Osaka is a big city, you probably want to go there if you are into specialty food, there are tones and tones of good food in Osaka, otherwise, it has nothing more than what Tokyo or Yokohama can offer. For a 10 day trip, I would do the following:

- 2 days Kyoto
- 1 day Nara and Fushimi Inari
- 1 or 2 days Osaka
- 1 day Yokohama
- Remaining Days Tokyo

Disney is much smaller than the one in North America, so if you've been to the one in Orlando or in LA, I won't bother going there. Again, depending on what you are interested in seeing/doing, the above may not be of interest to you at all

December should be around -2 to -8 with some minor snow, but its not too bad. Most people can survive with a nice jacket, a scarf, gloves and sweater

No comment on Christmas, decorations are all over the place, but being a Shinto and Buddism country, there are little celebration. Sightseeing you can do at Daiba, for a nice dinner, do it in Ginza.

Football (We call it Soccer in North America), there should be a roof top stadium (If i remember correctly) around Shibuya or Shinjuku, you may be able to just watch and see if they will let you join in a friendly game. But I cannot confirm that