View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
graemephillips (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Right... I think you generalize too much. Out of 37 countries there is only 1 that looks Japanese; Korea (2 if you count it as north and south) and one that has a population that looks quite similar; China.

Anyway, Australia is not multi cultural, and people who can't intergrate into long standing Australian culture and virtues are frowned upon and sometimes deported. They stopped using the word "multicultural" about 10 years ago when they realized the whole concept really wasn't working.

Just under one foreign child in every class is not much.
Everything I've heard suggests that the Anglo-Australian culture is in critical danger of disappearing and that Australia, like my mother's homeland of New Zealand, unfortunately is developing this attitude that British culture is the past and trendy East Asian cultures are the future. Parties like Pauline Hanson's One Nation exist because Asians are flooding in relentlessly.
It would be a travesty to see the Anglo-Saxon culture, which has given more to the world than any other culture, die out simply because people thought it was passé and that foreign cultures were funky and trendy.