View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
japanarama (Offline)
New to JF

11-16-2008, 03:10 PM

You can smoke just about anywhere.

If you're on fire.

There is no insulation in Japanese homes' walls.

I live in Tokyo. It's now November. I'm sitting on my balcony at 11:00 wearing a T-shirt. Why do I need wall insulation?

Three words: "heated toilet seats".

Three more words: "What about it?"

In Japan, flower arranging is an art. 25.

Isn't it where you live?

You can buy batteries, beer, wine, condoms, cigarettes, comic books, hot dogs, light bulbs, and used women's underwear from vending machines. 27.

You forgot to mention i-pods and PSPs.

Many Japanese people eat rice with or for their breakfast, lunch and dinner. 28.

Substitute "many" for "all". Rice is the staple diet of the majority of the worlds population.

Young women will hand you toilet paper outside of train stations. 35.

I've lived here for 15 years and it has yet to happen to me.

There is almost no vandalism in Japan.

Only a gaijin could consider that to be strange.

It is socially acceptable to pick your nose in public and urinate at the side of the road, but you cannot blow your nose in public.

Yes, that would have been true at one time but it's not unusual to see someone blowing there nose now.

Approximately 85% of Japanese people have never tasted turkey.

That could be because it has all the flavour of wet cardboard. (yes, I did spell 'flavour' with a 'u'. That's because I come from the U.K.)

Snowmen in Japan are made of two large snowballs instead of three. 41.

You've lost me on this one.

It will always take one to two hours for a pizza to be delivered. 42.

That's because it's a very long way from Italy. (Oh, I'm sorry --- did you think pizzas were American?) BTW, I'm not anti American. I love America and I have a lot of very good American friends. But most of them do seem to believe every thing is the sole property of America. (My genuine appologies to those of you Americans who don't think that way).

There is at least one vending machine on every corner.

Are you confusing Japan with Tokyo?

Anyway, if you're interested in world culture -- the UK is the land of the free.-- We can have anything we damn well like on our pizza.
Have a nice day! -- That's an order !!