View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

11-17-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlovesrock View Post
I think whaling is completely OK. I am a vegetarian, and I have been my whole life. But, it is hypocritical for westerners to say killing chickens and cows is ok but killing dogs and wales its not right. Its cultural arrogance. Animals are animals. As long as you aren't hunting whales to extinction, there is no argument against whaling, unless you are arguing that humans should not eat animals at all.

So many people go out and protest against whaling then eat their steaks. Hypocrites.
No. They are hunting whales to extinction. If there were only a few hundred chickens in the world, I wouldn't eat them either because they'd be almost extinct. If there were plenty of whales to go around then fair enough, but there isn't and never will be because of this. Besides that, animals that are killed are killed to be eaten. Whales are normally not killed to be eaten, they are killed for remedies that we don't need. There is a difference between killing for food which happens all around the animal kingdom, and killing for some pointless reason. It's not okay to kill anything for no particular reason.

And don't you think it's a bit hypocritical that you are a vegetarian yet you think killing for no reason is alright?