(#18 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
11-21-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
I hate to admit it, but I do that - sometimes to an extreme. Several studies have show that attire does affect how people present themselve and act, but the effect seems to be quite variable.

I was once given a nickname because friends noticed a severe personality change whenever I had to wear "corporate drag". Apparently when dressed in darker knee length skirts and high heels I shift into a decidedly alpha-male, mode. I thought the guys were just teasing me until the bartender starting saying "Yes, sir!" to me while we shooting pool. That was more than 10 years ago, and I have tried to tone "Max" down, but he still kicks in when the stilletos come out of the closet.
Here comes statistics to save the day XD As long as the sample size wasn't like 100 or something, then I'd be suspicious still...but that's not the point. I do notice that people act differently when they dress certain ways, and not just on purpose like dressing cute and acting cute to look even cuter. Those who dress in business attire tend to be more on the serious, no-nonsense side than the casual look, which pretty much let's you become more playful and do whatever you want. Not that I'm saying this applies to everybody. of course.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子