View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
uvahoo06 (Offline)
New to JF

11-28-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Stores and such will be closed, but as I recall, the trains were still running as usual. In fact, they'll probably be very busy, since tradition calls for Japanese people to visit a temple on New Years Day.

Koya-san to Kansai International should be roughly 3 hours (you can either head back to Osaka and then go from there southwest to the airport, or change trains at Hashimoto, head west to Wakayama City, and then north to the airport. I think they are about the same distance either way), so it should be no problem getting there before 1:30 PM.

Like the JR Rail Pass, is there a BUS PASS that I can purchase? Are bus trips fairly expensive? I'm excited, but as I mentioned before, I'm soooo nervous. I like traveling alone, but this whole trip seems somewhat daunting and nerve-wracking. I just don't want something to go wrong, especially since I don't speak Japanese!

More importantly, I e-mailed Japan Guesthouse, and they said that all guesthouses have been booked in Koyasan for the New Year. Does anyone else have any suggestions of what I should do? Should I perhaps go elsewhere and change my itinerary? Thanks once again!

Last edited by uvahoo06 : 11-28-2008 at 02:33 PM.