View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-10-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyuMyuBeriinoni View Post
I've tried once. I didn't get in any real trouble, really, at least not with the teachers.... But It was pretty hard to deal with everyone saying "OH-EMM-GEE, You're liek, so emo!" And all those sort of LOVELY comments. *sigh* So, after failing at Gothic Lolita, and not really wanting to try with Sweet Lolita... I figured I'd ask you guys. Do you think Lolita (Specifically Gothic, but any type is fine) is O.K. for a Middle School Setting?

To be honest, the Emo comment also wasn't the only... rude comment. There where many more, calling me a whore, etc. Yeah. That's another reason I wanted to ask you guys.... What do you think? Should I ignore them and try again? Or should I drop it at this? And over all, Is Lolita even appropriate in a 7th grade setting?
Your heart is in the right place, but the setting is not. If I were you I would practice sewing, learning lace and other fabrics and make some things.

Sadly, like everyone said, this isn't going to work in middle school. However, the difference between middle school and high school is GIGANTIC.

be patient and get yourself ready.