View Single Post
(#884 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-11-2008, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLane View Post
Hi - my husband and I are interested in moving to Japan for a couple of years to explore the culture. We do not speak any Japanese. We both have some college. How hard is it to get a job or to get a place to live? We would like to know if you had any tips. We love the US but also love to explore. Thanks for the advise!!
In order to live there, you need a Visa. One of the easiest ones to get (for those who want to reside there) is a Work Visa. To get a Work Visa, you need to land yourself a job, and the employer has to sponsor the visa. One requirement is that one has a Bachelor's degree (for the Visa) and one of the easiest jobs to apply for, for a foreigner, is that of an English Language Teacher.

As for getting a place, as I mentioned earlier (which no one commented on, so I guess it's true), it's more difficult for a foreigner to find one without some help, especially if there's the whole language barrier.